带宝宝看牙,你会和他说的英文,蛀牙、涂氟、洗牙、补牙……
提示您本文原始标题是:带宝宝看牙 , 你会和他说的英文 , 蛀牙、涂氟、洗牙、补牙……
GOING TO THE DENTIST
看牙
I. Getting Ready for the Dentist 为看牙做准备
Mom: Good morning, today you and your brother have a dentist appointment.
妈妈:早上好 , 今天约好了带你和哥哥去看牙 。
看牙医需要预约的情况在美国比较普遍 , 在不需要预约的中国国情下 , 可以说:
Today you are going to the dentist.
Today you are going to see the dentist.
Today you are going to have a checkup with the dentist.
Child One: I don't want to go to the dentist.
孩子一:我不想看牙 。
Mom: Oh no, why not?
妈妈:啊 , 为什么呀?
Child One: I don't like it.
孩子一:我不喜欢 。
Mom: I know but we need to go so the dentist can check your teeth for cavities.
妈妈:我知道 , 但是咱们去了牙医才能检查你的牙齿 , 看看有没有蛀牙啊 。
Cavities读作['k?v?tis] 。
You will get to sit in a big chairand then the dentist will give you a big sticker when you are all done!
你可以坐在一个大椅子上 , 看完牙以后 , 牙医会给你一个大大的贴画!
因为椅子大 , 所以这里用in , 普通的椅子用on 。
Child One: Okay, I will go, but will you stay withme and holdmy hand?
孩子一:好的 , 我去 , 但是你会陪着我 , 拉着我的手吗?
Mom: Yes, of course I will.
妈妈:好的 , 我肯定会的 。
II. Waiting for the Dentist 等待看牙
Mom: There is the dentist's office.
这里是牙医的办公室 。
如果医生是在某诊室 , 用:
There is Consulting Room 2.
这里是2号诊室 。
Let's go tell the nice lady at the front deskthat we are here.
咱们去告诉前台的阿姨咱们到了 。
(1) 英语里喜欢和孩子说nice lady、nice man来增加孩子对即将接触的大人的亲切感 。
(2) Front desk = reception = reception desk 前台
Then, we have to wait for them to call our number.
然后咱们等着他们叫咱们的号 。
Here is the waiting roomwith chairs to sit on.
这个是候诊室 , 有椅子可以坐 。
There are some books and magazines we can read while we wait.
这里有一些书和杂志 , 咱们等着的时候可以看 。
Look, there are even some toys to play with.
看 , 那边还有玩具可以玩 。
Receptionist: The dentist is ready to see you now.
前台:牙医现在可以给你们看了 。
III. Getting a Checkup at the Dentist 检查牙齿
Dentist: Hello! How are you today?
牙医:你好!你今天怎么样?
Can youclimb ontothis big chair for me so I can look at your teeth?
你能爬到大椅子上 , 让我给你看看牙吗?
(1) Climb通常与onto连用 。
(2) 中文里说“你给我”怎样怎样会显得你生气了 , 是一种不礼貌的说法 , 但在英文里说for me是很正常的 。
I'm just going to have a look with this little mirror, is that okay?
我一会儿就用这个小镜子看 , 好吗?
Great, now I need you to open your mouth really widefor me so I can see those teeth.
好的 , 现在我需要你把嘴张得特别大 , 这样我才能看见牙 。
They look great!
看着还不错!
There're no holesin your teeth.
你的牙齿上没有洞洞 。
通常用There're no holes in your teeth , 而不是There's no hole in your teeth 。
You're doing a good job brushing them.
你牙刷得不错 。
Now I'm going to cleanyour teethwith these special tools.
现在我要用这些特殊的工具给你洗牙 。
洗牙英文里不说wash your teeth , 而说clean your teeth 。
They might tickle your mouth a little.
它们可能会让你的嘴有点痒痒 。
And then I will put some fluorideon your teeth to keep them healthy and strong.
然后我会在你的牙上涂氟 , 让它们更健康、更坚固 。
(1) Fluoride读作['fl?raid] 。
(2) 比较一下几个表达牙齿坚固的词:
Strong:整体牙齿健康、坚固
Firm:指牙结实地长在牙龈里 , 如:
Since you are young, your teeth are firm in your gum.
因为你还年轻 , 牙齿坚固地长在牙龈里 。
Sturdy: 指牙齿密度大 , 能咬硬的东西 。
Your teeth are not sturdy enough to bite it open.
你牙齿没那么坚固 , 别想着用牙把它咬开 。
Well done! Here is your sticker.
好样的!给你一个小贴画 。
Child One: Thank you!
孩子一:谢谢您!
Mom: You were a very brave girl.
妈妈:你很勇敢 。
用过去时were表达孩子“刚才”的表现很勇敢 。
I am very proud of you.
我真为你骄傲 。
Now it's your brother's turn.
现在该你哥哥了 。
IV. Getting a Filling 补牙
以下内容改编自Usborne绘本Going to the Dentist Sticker Book , 原著为英式英语 , 本文为美式英语 。
Dentist: I found a hole in one of your teeth.
牙医:我发现你的一颗牙上有洞 。
You need afilling.
你得补牙 。
I'll rub on some anestheticto make your tooth numb.
我会给你抹一些麻药 , 让牙失去知觉 。
(1) Anesthetic读作[,?nis'θ?tik] 。
(2) 涂药通常用rub , 但涂护肤霜通常用put 。
Let me clean the bad part of your tooth.
我把牙上坏的部分清理好 。
Child Two: What's this tube for?
孩子二:这个管子是干什么用的?
Nurse: The suction tubewill keep your mouth dry.
护士:这个吸水管能让你的嘴保持干燥 。
Here is the filling material.
这些是填充物 。
如果是一种填充材料用material , 如果是多种 , 用materials 。
The dentist will put the filling into the hole.
牙医会把填充物填到洞里 。
Dentist: All done! No more toothache now.
牙医:好了!以后就不会牙疼了 。
Have some mouthwash. Rinseand spit!
含一口漱口水 。 漱一漱 , 然后吐掉!
V. Taking Care of Teeth 爱护牙齿
Dentist: I'll show you how to take care of your teeth and what will happen if you don't take care of them properly.
牙医:我来教你们如何爱护牙齿 , 还有如果不好好爱护牙齿会怎样 。
Take care of是爱护;protect是保护 , 如:
The fluoride in the toothpaste helps protect our teeth.
牙膏里的氟可以帮助保护我们的牙齿 。
Sweetsand sodasare bad for teeth.
甜食和碳酸饮料对牙齿不好 。
Sweet和soda的复数形式指各种类型甜食和碳酸饮料 。
英式英语用sweet foods和fizzy drinks 。
Nurse: Let me show you how to brush your teeth correctly.
护士:我来教你们正确的刷牙方法 。
Dentist: Remember to brush your teeth every night before bed and every morning after breakfast.
牙医:记住每天晚上上床之前、早上吃早餐之后要刷牙 。
这里是有文化差异的 , 咱们中国人大多数是在起床后 , 也就是早饭前刷牙 , 但西方人通常是早饭后刷牙 。
We'll see you next time.
咱们下次再见 。
- 「母婴和育儿」原创宝宝鼻腔深处有鼻屎,尝试各种方法后,最后这样做成功了
- 「母婴和育儿」原创宝宝和大人睡?给宝宝睡婴儿床?到底哪个选择才是对的?
- 【小思妈妈营养餐】脆到开口跪,真鱼真虾,宝宝吃多少都放心!
- 晓露爸爸@原创“红脸宝宝”火了,两个脸蛋红的像苹果,网友:不会是喝奶喝醉了吧
- #宝宝树#疫情下的新生宝宝:出生14天吸引百万粉丝,笑一下400万人点赞~
- #萌宠治愈师#宝宝哭了柴犬马上跑过来看,头却卡在了栏杆中,狗:可望而不可及
- #宝宝呵护#宝宝晚上老是翻身睡不好,其实是身体里缺这个!
- 【鲲鹏创意气球】宝宝宴现场气球如何布置
- 「长脖子爸比」宝宝出生后医院为啥要留下一个脚印?医生可能不会说,但你要清楚
- 佳林母婴大世界■宝宝为什么晚上睡不稳觉?